Education is the best means to build character, develop to full potential, shape their personal identity and set the understanding of reality, integrating the cognitive dimension, the emotional and axiological. Education is the means of passing and at the same time, renewing the culture and wealth of knowledge and values that underpin it, to draw the greatest potential sources of wealth, to foster democratic coexistence and respect for differences individual, to promote solidarity and prevent discrimination, with the objective of achieving the necessary social cohesion. Education is the means to guarantee the right to democratic citizenship, responsible, free and critical.
The workshop is based on pedagogy, didactics and goals of Education for Peace, and later worked on Interculturalism. Interculturalism as educational model fosters the enrichment of individuals, from knowledge and respect for diversity, through exchange and dialogue, active participation in the development of a democratic society based on equality, tolerance and solidarity. For promoting cultural pluralism within culturally diverse societies in which we live today. Educating multiculturalism is to educate on human rights.
The presence of pupils foreigners is an obvious fact in the reality of schools and will certainly be taken into account when planning the intervention. Education should provide the students what they need to learn to live in the present and future.
"School is one of the few areas of socialization in which you can 'schedule' experiences of contacts between different subjects, allowing rich encounters with the culture of others. Thus, learning to live together in the school context must mean not merely tolerate the existence of another human being, but respect him because he is known and is valued within an atmosphere of closeness "(Tedesco). Recognize each other as people, to be respected and accepted.
The Education for Peace is a process useful and effective in the formation of groups, based necessary to address then the two most important objectives:
- Resolving conflicts peacefully
- The Interculturalism.
Scope and tools
- Mainly group formation. Creating a climate and environment friendly, relaxed and supportive.
- To build confidence within the group. Promote and enhance communication.
- Encourage and promote the positive aspects of the individual and the group.
- Learn attitudes of tolerance, solidarity and cooperation.
- Information, education and awareness of Human Rights and fundamental values that structure the coexistence in the day.
- Reducing stereotypes, prejudices and discriminatory attitudes, racist or xenophobic about different people.
- Promote the mutual understanding and appreciation for other cultures.
- Develop tolerance, empathy and cooperation.
- Create open and positive attitudes towards immigration and Interculturalism.
- Action Protocols and Good Practices.